Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cravings

So, for some reason, I have been craving just about every food in the past couple of days that isn't readily available here. These include turkey and cheddar sandwiches (cheddar cheese is nowhere to be found...and deli turkey is difficult to find), Mexican food, and chocolate chip cookie dough. I found the French version of chocolate chip cookies in FranPrix (a grocery store) today, which were tasty, but not quite the same thing as the American version! The French version is a crispy, airy thing, and it does not have a vanilla cookie base (it has a very, very mild chocolate base). I'm going to be on the lookout for cheddar cheese everywhere I go, though, because I want a turkey sandwich like crazy!

I spent the night at my friend Megan's homestay last night. We were both craving breakfast food (because that is yet another thing that the French really don't do), so we made scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. It was amazing. If I was allowed to cook at my homestay, I would probably make them for myself for dinner again tonight! After breakfast, we went to the Paris version of Chinatown (it wasn't too exciting), then did some shopping along Boulevard Haussman. We took the tramway for the first time ever today, too...it's not nearly as fast as the Metro, but it was very quiet in comparison.

I'm excited to find out where I get to move on Monday. Staying at Megan's last night made me see how awesome a homestay can be...and I want to have an awesome experience in every part of my trip to Paris!

Riley =)

No comments: