Monday, May 12, 2008

Two Weeks

Two weeks from today, I'll be sitting in orientation in Paris! I've gotten a lot crossed off of my to do list, so that's always good. I got my new laptop, an HP TX2000. This is what it looks like:
It's only 12 inches long and like an inch and a half thick. It has an integrated webcam, too, which means I can video chat with those of you who also have them while I'm in Paris! I may look a little silly chilling in a Parisian cafe talking to my laptop (I don't think my host family has Internet), but oh well!

Today, I'm going backpack shopping so that I have something easy to use on my weekend trips. I've been talking to some of the people traveling with me on Facebook, and they all seem like they want to take plenty of weekend trips, too! It looks like the south of France (Marseille, Nice, Cannes...the French Riviera, basically) is a lock cause everyone wants to do that. A lot of people want to go to London, too, and some have thrown out Madrid, Amsterdam, Belgium (for the chocolate), and Italy. As I'm sure you all know, I'm down for anything.

Well, au revoir for now!

Riley =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're going to the riviera, this is the hostel I was at:
http://www.vsaint.com/en/home.html

It was amazing, loved it, if you're in Nice, and you didn't stay there, you wished you did, etc. They are more than happy to help you plan trips, find grocery stores, bus tickets, etc. Jessica