Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Final Stretch

Finals start today...that means I only have two days of finals, a fete (party/lunch thing) at IES, and a very long flight standing between me and America! I've had a great time in France, but I am very ready to go home. Paris is an excellent city for a vacation, I've decided, but I do not think I could ever live here (maybe in Montmartre, but that's it).

Two more days of Metro faces, boulangeries, euros (and the evil exchange rate), the Eiffel Tower sparkling outside my window, Le M, Le Refuge des Fondus, nouilles sautees, homestays, the Metro, Muji, rue Daguerre, hearing French everywhere, natural yogurt, Amorino gelato, Pimkie, skinny jeans everywhere, unpredictable (way more unpredictable than Indiana) weather, parapluies, less than 5 minute showers, UHT milk, espresso dispensers at school, four-channel TVs, musees, jardins, sightseeing, the Champs-Elysees, rude French people, Malibu et jus d'ananas at the apartment, Indiana Club, walking everywhere, Hollywood Smile gum, Franprix, Carrefour, Monoprix, fruiteries, the 16th, trains, scarfs...

I'm coming home =)

Riley

No comments: