Friday, June 6, 2008

Quick Update

Just a quick update before I head out with one of my friends...

Today was a lazy day! I haven't gotten much sleep since I've been here and, since we didn't have classes today and most of the people I hang out with were going to Disneyland Paris (which I wasn't interested in going to because it's way expensive and really not that different from Disneyworld, which I've been to 100 times), I took advantage of that and caught up on sleep! I also explored my new neighborhood a bit. It's a lot more residential than my old one (which was very touristy since it was right by the Champs-Elysees), which means more grocery stores, cute unique cafes (without the Champs-Elysees price tag, too...still expensive, but still more affordable), little shops (a chocolate florist!), and little parks. I bought some groceries thinking it would be more economical to pack a lunch for school, but the groceries were so expensive that it really wasn't worth it!

In other news...Paris has far too many appealing desserts, and I think I need to cut back on sampling them all! It's still awesome seeing the Eiffel Tower out my window. The Musee d'Orsay is cool (it's all impressionist paintings, like Monet, Degas, Renoir, and Van Gogh), but I've realized I don't like to experience museums slowly like most people. Classes are classes, regardless of where you're taking them or what language they're in. Made of Honor was much better than I thought it'd be and you should go see it.

And now I'm out for the night!
Riley =)

No comments: